Varieties of hosting services
A hosting solution concerns stashing and/or sharing specific web content on a web hosting server hosted by a web hosting supplier. There are various varieties of hosting services utilized for various goals, so let's have a look at these. In this way, you can choose what you want, based on whether you'd like to create a web site, electronic mail accounts, or to share files with mates and associates.
- File hosting: a service provided by particular web hosts, which enables you to share huge files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole function is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting packages frequently include adverts by the download links, while a timer makes you await a given span of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file storage plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a completely fallacious explanation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would allocate the tasks at hand between separate hosts of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending various webspace hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is just a brand of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; certain distributors offer a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting kind is suitable if you want to share a large number of images with chums or partners since the service is generally free of cost. You will get a random link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to administering your e-mail accounts. Some vendors offer website hosting solutions for web pages, but do not provide an email solution. If you want to possess a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to possess a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can set up mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video generates a certain amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of video clips and several hundred website viewers, you may have difficulty with your web site hosting supplies. Embedding the video file will permit you to use as many video clips as you desire without worrying about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you need if you would like to have a web site. To some extent, it embodies all of the aforementioned hosting brands since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and e-mail aliases, upload videos, etc. At Metropolis Web Services, for instance, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated server hosting accounts that enable you to get all of the aforesaid services in one location. There may be limits depending on the form of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the typical e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are tailored for specific content solely.